Pages

Tuesday 4 December 2012

Quick sensory play for babies using different textiles



This was a very quick thrown together sensory box I made for Lil E using lots of different scraps from my sewing supplies. There was all different types of textures and materials used including ribbons, cotton fabric, felt squares, some wool tied up so it was like a soft ball and some bead clusters that had fallen off some shoes. She loves to touch different surfaces and textures and is a very hands on baby so I thought this would be a wonderful chance for her to just sit and play with lots of different materials.



Lil E absolutely adored this new 'toy' I had made for her, I couldn't believe how something so simple kept her entertained for so long, especially as they were just scraps of whatever I could find to throw together. She just wasn't interested in her flashy, noisy toys when these new mysterious bundles were around. Her definite favourite were the bead clusters, although I made sure to watch her with these just incase any came loose. Also with the ribbons I made sure to watch her so as not to choke herself on them and as she loves to put everything in her mouth I made sure she didn't eat any of it!

Overall this was brilliant fun for Lil E and a huge success and I look forward to getting it out for her and to making lots more sensory experiences for her.

NOTE: Please make sure that any sensory boxes or experiences that you create for babies and young children do not contain any hazardous materials and please supervise at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember...

The best thing to spend on your child is not your money but your time.